Tuesday 12 August 2014

Strange things are afoot...

I need to lose weight. More importantly, I need to be healthier. As the media is constantly telling us, carrying extra weight & having a poor diet is not good for us in the long term. Increased risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, arthritis, liver & kidney disease, even problems during pregnancy assuming of course you can get pregnant – being overweight can make conceiving difficult. No, not like that you dirty minded individual! Being an overweight woman can have a negative impact on your fertility & can increase your risk of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). In the short term it can be pretty bad too! The recent hot weather has been lovely but when you are overweight it’s not as much fun; you end up a sweaty mess in next to no time, you don’t feel comfortable or confident wearing a swim suit, you end up missing out on activities with friends & family.

All in all, being overweight sucks!

So, what am I doing about it? Sitting & moaning on my laptop? Well, yes BUT I am also getting my butt kicked by a personal trainer for an hour twice a week (there’s plenty to kick!) & I’m eating better. The maddest, craziest, strangest thing has happened though in the past week. In a truly shocking turn of events I have also started running. Yes – me, running! I don’t run. In fact, in normal circumstances I’d say if you see me running you should run too because likelihood is something is chasing me, but that’s how motivated I am feeling. I am not going to sign up for the London marathon or be the next Team GB Olympic hopeful any time soon but hopefully I am going to be a fitter, healthier, smaller version of me. Wish me luck on my ‘Fatty to Fitty’ challenge!

These babies are finally seeing some action!

No comments:

Post a Comment